Victory is reserved for those who are willing to pay it's price

I personally think that I am an ectomorph. I've been going to the gym for close to 4 years now. I personally feel that it's a hopeless cause! I haven't fully read through your books. I bought I think 3 of them at least! I skipped through one of your books that talks about ectomorphs. You said in the book that I need to eat 5-6 times a day. I personally can't! The work schedule won't allow it!

Oh well at some point we all have to decide when to quit. It's impossible to keep spacing meals, count calories for each of them when your living in Asia and at the same time with a busy schedule hope to become something more than your capable of. Worse is that I'm going to be 29 next year with 25% body fat. I tried. It's maybe just not for me! So much work for so little results! 

 - Kris Y.


My Answer: If you're at 25% body fat, then you are not an ectomorph. It seems likes there are a lot of things that you're not willing to do gain muscle. You're not willing to eat properly. You're not willing to read through all of my books (Jeez am I that boring?!).

"Victory is reserved for those who are willing to pay it's price." - Sun Tzu

I understand that you're frustrated with your lack of progress, but I think you need to reevaluate a couple of things: Your physique goal, and what you're willing to do achieve your physique goal.

If you're at 25% body fat, then your physique goal should not be gaining muscle bulk, but losing body fat. Instead of focusing on muscular size, you should focus on building muscle in order to burn fat. In other words, focus on being ripped. Build quality muscle instead of bulk muscle. So if your goal is going to be losing body fat in order to see the muscle underneath, then you really don't need to eat 5-6 meals now, do you?

You still have to pay a price, however, and that is to train more intensely in the gym. This means using strength training to burn fat. Don't use cardio to burn fat. Hit the weights, do higher reps (8-12), short rest periods (30-60 seconds). My books have chapters on strength training for fat loss, so follow those programs and principles. Do this and you will build a lean muscular physique that is much more impressive than a smooth bulky physique.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Muscle Building Diet for the Asian Male

Interview with Rick Lee

Strength Training for the Asian Lifter, Part II