Working Out the Flat Asian Butt





Q: I scoured through your strength blog, and I noticed there is no mention about how to work out the butt. In particular, if you are an ectomorph and have a flat Asian butt. I know everyone suggests, 'Squats, Squats, Squats!'

Do you have any thoughts about how to get a rounder bulky butt? How many times a week should we do squats? Should I do low reps with heavy weight? I have been working out for 20 years now. 

I tested various methods, but this part of the body has stumped me. Anyways, I ordered your 2 books after hearing you on BetterAsianMan.com. Maybe the answer lies in those books?

Regards,
Flat-butted Asian


My Answer: Ah, the dreaded no-junk-in-the-trunk Asian butt. There are programs in the Strength and Physique books that will develop your ass, although they were not specifically intended for badonka-donk building.

Don't you like how this conversation is going?

Anyway, to build a bootylicious butt, you do have to squat. The question is: are you squatting all the way down, ass to the grass? If you're doing half squats and stopping when your thighs break parallel, then of course you won't build any ass. Your glutes don't activate during squats unless you go all the way down.

If you're having a hard time building up the glutes AND you're an ectomorph, then start doing 20 rep breathing squats. These will build quite an ass on you, if you do full squats. 20 rep breathing squats will also put a lot of overall muscle on you. Lunges and reverse lunges are also very good building up the glutes, so include these as well.

Jeez, I never talked about the ass so much in a non-sexual context.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Muscle Building Diet for the Asian Male

Interview with Rick Lee

Strength Training for the Asian Lifter, Part II