APA Blogs: Creating Societal Change in the Blogsphere



So I was featured in the Pacific Citizen, an award-winning Asian Pacific American semi-monthly newspaper published by the JACL. The article is about the Asian American blogosphere and its influence on the community. You can check out the article HERE. In the meantime, here are a couple quotes from me:

"I started the Alpha Asian Blog as a way to showcase the creativity and positive energy of Asians and Asian Americans," said James Chan, creator and administrator of Alpha Asian Blog, which showcases original videos and forums by APAs. "I've observed lots of talented Asians representing the community in a positive manner and contributing to society. I wanted to compile these positive and talented role models and present them to the world."

"I want Asian Americans to understand that our community has a wealth of talent that is largely untapped. My hope with the (blog) is that Asian Americans would develop a more confident and positive outlook," Chan said. "The goal of the Alpha Asian Blog is to shed light on our Asian American role models, the ones that Hollywood ignores."

Comments

Thanks for doing what you can out there! There's still a long way to go, but we'll get there.
J said…
Hey thanks Bryan! I appreciate the support from a poet such as yourself.

Popular posts from this blog

Muscle Building Diet for the Asian Male

Interview with Rick Lee

Strength Training for the Asian Lifter, Part II