Severo Jornacion of The Smitheens






So, while taking it easy tonight by watching the Orioles baseball game(they got crushed tonight, 11-1), I was channel surfing and stumbled upon that great 80's rock band, The Smithereens on PBS. It was a taped concert at Infinity Music Hall in Connecticut. I wasn't a big fan of the band but I did and do like them, and I hadn't kept up with them in a long while.

And I notice the bass player was Asian. I didn't know who he was but I thought, "How cool is that!" I had to go look him up to see who he was found it he's Severo "The Thrilla" Jornacion from Los Angeles. Looks like Severo started out in a pop/rock band in 1998 called the Masticators which disbanded in 2001. Severo later joined up with the Smithereens in 2006.

I think it's pretty cool to see an an Asian guy in a national act like the Smithereens. I wish there were more AA male musicians that would get into indie or garage rock bands.  The performing arts isn't an easy life, but being in a band gives you a special status. It just does.

Comments

Tommy said…
Hey Mojo, just dropping by to say great job for keeping the posts going. I feel kind of guilty for not writing anything ever..... but yeah... maybe when I get some more sleep and I can think straight lol
MojoRider said…
Hey Tommy, no worries....I just happened to have the time to post some stuff that was ready made to be written about. It helps when something happens right then and there for you to do a quick write up. I may post some stuff about the Olympics, but I'm about done for now.

Popular posts from this blog

Muscle Building Diet for the Asian Male

Interview with Rick Lee

Strength Training for the Asian Lifter, Part II