Serious Mass Gains

Hello Coach,

You already answered me twice and on your blog. In the past I was on a fat loss plan. Now since I'm back from vacation and my beach season is over I'm looking to pack on some serious mass again.

I read all your articles, and I also have your book. I would like to know where I should start!! I'm very interested by your Body Contract System 2.0, Supercharging H.I.T., the 6 Factors workout from  Strength and Physique, Volume One and the Shotgun Method. I can train 3 to 4 days a week.

Some of your workouts are 2 weeks of high intensity followed by some backcycling. Could you help me set up my plan? By the way some info, I'm 6 feet tall and about 192 right now. Goal is to hit 210 and some small fat gain is acceptable. I wanna pack some mass until December. As for the diet it will be based on the following:

  • eggs
  • bacon
  • meats
  • cheese
  • whole milk
  • pasta
  • peanut butter
  • nuts
  • Cytogainer
  • Muscle Milk

As usual: a big thank you!

-DM


My Answer: Your diet looks solid, so go with what you've got. As far as stringing my programs into a macro cycle, what I would do is string the programs in this manner:

  1. Supercharging H.I.T.
  2. The 6 Factors workout from the book
  3. The 3-5 Method (2 weeks)
  4. Body Contract System 2.0
  5. Shotgun Method 

Supercharging H.I.T. will "break you in" nicely into high frequency training. The 6 Factors workout will up the volume and prime you for growth in the following decompression weeks. The Body Contract System 2.0 is brutal and will take a lot out of you, so make sure you're getting enough calories and sleep during the density phase.

Once you've gone through the entire macro cycle, then come back to the programs you felt were the most effective for you. Everyone has different training ages and tolerances, so go through the programs to test out which one you like.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Muscle Building Diet for the Asian Male

Interview with Rick Lee

Strength Training for the Asian Lifter, Part II